Thursday, October 6, 2011

ICD-10

A long long time ago (well not really), when I was a little first year med school student, we had some sort of a computer class. The way I remember it was as not exactly thrilling...and actually, it seemed like my fellow class mates would agree with me.

One day, we spent over an hour basically staling at a list of the ICD-10 codes...A00=cholera, A01.0=Typhoid, A15=Tuberculosis, etc. Not exactly an exciting way to spend that much time. All the sudden, I started giggling, which seemed to result in much consternation from the person sitting next to me.

Classmate X: WTF?!
Me: This is awesone! :D
X: How the hell is this awesome?!
This is more or less how it looked like
Me: You can create really hilarious situations with them

Here are just a few:
W66.4=Drowning and submersion following  fall into bath-tub on a street or highway
I wonder if that ever happened...<_<...>_>
W52.0=Crushed, pushed or stepped on by crowd or human stampede at home
Either that or you have to have a very large house

 X52.7=Prolonged stay in weightless environment on a farm
the only thing that makes sense XD
and the W99 known as the Exposure to other and unspecified man-made environmental factors...which made me think of:
I guess they have a code for just about anything no matter how crazy it sounds...You never know how someone will manage to hurt themselves ;)

Well, that's it for now dear reader, hope to see you here again soon!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment